Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When Is St. Patrick's Day 2012?

St. Patrick's Day 2012 is on Saturday, March 17th, 2012. 

This (falling on a Saturday, that is) happens but once every 7 years or so. Saturday is arguably the best day of the week for this holiday to fall, considering most people are free to go to a parade or do something similarly celebratory. That same group of people are unlikely to have a work obligation the next day (Sunday), so they can sleep in if they end up staying up late. 


No work tomorrow bro
Yes, this may seem like an incredibly odd way to bring back AvatarJack.com after a long, somber layoff, but it's not without good reason. 

I've decided to turn this into an SEO-friendly site. Search Engine Optimization, that is.  From this point forward, until I mothball this thing again, I will be anticipating what the average Googler will type into that search box, in hopes of picking up some massive traffic.

And I mean massive. This method has been employed by the Huffington Post over the years, and they recently sold for close to $1,000,000,000. 

"Why does February have an extra day this year?"

Before you call me a sellout and tell me I've abandoned my base, just know that I don't care, the same way I didn't care before my days of highly-targeted search engine behavior anticipation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment