Monday, March 28, 2011

Guest Writer? Thanks, But No Thanks


After carefully considering the prospects of a "guest writing" spot, I regret to inform you I have decided against it. I'm painting a picture here on this blank canvas Google® has so generously provided, and fear the artistic integrity of this picture may be significantly undermined by the presence of an additional writer. I would call it addition by subtraction, but it's just me here, as it has been from day one. With that said, a spot was submitted and in the spirit of full disclosure I will post (heavily edited to protect my interests, of course). 

Young Blogger Left Dead, Guest Writer “Funeral” Zach Remains at Large


I don't bust back, Funeral Z, mainly because I shoot first. 


The history of entertainment has taught us to be wary of the guest contributor. His mere presence is the symptom of a deeper pathology; a pathology tacitly understood by the extender of the invitation (Avatar Jack) and his audience to mean that said inviter (AJ) is losing critical MPH’s off his fastball. Think about it. What artist, at the height of his powers, would offer someone of similar talent and sounder mind a blank canvas to court his audience? I remind you, Jay Leno was but a guest host for The Tonight Show just before Johnny Carson faded into oblivion.

Did Avatar Jack unwittingly coronate his successor? Or is he subconsciously handing over the reins to his prized creation, knowing full-well he was not up to the lofty task he’s embarked upon?

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown

I address this warning to AJ’s limited but burgeoning international readership: Do not be alarmed if this guest appearance turns into a full-fledged Lou Gehrig/Wally Pipp-type situation. It is well within the realm of possibility that this post is the start of 2,130 consecutive blog entries and a prompt, seamless URL shift to AvatarZach3d.blogspot.com. (For continuity reasons, I would humbly drop my “Funeral” Zach moniker.)


***THIS CONCLUDES THE LACKLUSTER GUEST SPOT, MY APOLOGIES. FUNERAL Z HAS FINISHED HIS FIRST AND ONLY CUP OF COFFEE AND HAS LEFT THE BUILDING***


No comments:

Post a Comment